Situated in the small agricultural town Wakefield Virginia, Plantation Peanuts began as a mail-order-only company in the spring of 1980 and grew quickly into its first retail location on Highway 460 in Wakefield Virginia. Highway 460 is a well-traveled corridor through Southeastern Virginia where an abundance of Virginia Peanuts are grown.
Plantation Peanuts is a favorite stop for travelers and locals alike who enjoy the crunch of a fresh Virginia Peanut. Here the samples are generous and the selections are abundant.
We roast our Gourmet Peanuts by hand and in small batches to maintain the quality and consistency of our family recipe we are entrusted to keep. Word of mouth has been our best advertising for over 30 years! Delighted recipients of gifts often re-order for themselves, as well as, send gifts to others. Our peanuts are always fresh because we cook them to order - no warehousing involved.
Give us the chance to turn you into a Virginia Peanut LOVER!
Why Buy Peanuts?
- Peanuts make great, inexpensive gifts.
- Peanuts are a powerhouse snack - high in protein, fiber, and folic acid.
- Peanuts are naturally cholesterol free and a naturally low sodium food.
- Peanuts contain mostly unsaturated fat.
- Peanuts are a rich dietary source of heart-healthy resveratrol, a plant compound found in red wine and grapes that may help reduce the risks of heart disease and cancer.
- Plantation Peanuts just taste great!